We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Posh pasta and pesto
Posh pasta and pesto
Cooks In20 minutes
Nutrition per serving
Calories 513 26%
Fat 20.5g 29%
Saturates 6.6g 33%
Sugars 3.9g 4%
Salt 2.02g 34%
Protein 17.7g 35%
Carbs 68.6g 26%
Fibre 3.3g -
Of an adult's reference intake
- 1 handful pine nuts , about 40g, lightly toasted
- ½ small clove garlic
- 1 big bunch fresh basil , about 60g, leaves picked, coarsely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1 lemon , juice of
- extra virgin olive oil
- 150 g pecorino cheese , grated
- 200 g new potatoes
- 500 g fresh tagliatelle
- 1 big handful fine green beans , topped and tailed
- Egg pasta and pesto together is a piece of cooking genius really, and just about the only successful tweak you can make is to add a few green beans and some very thinly sliced potato – like they often do in Genoa.
- If you haven’t had it before, try it – you’ll like it, and it’s really quick and easy.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Meanwhile, crush the pine nuts in a pestle and mortar with the garlic. Scoop out, put to one side, then put the basil in the mortar with a pinch of sea salt and bash until it turns into a green paste. Return the bashed nuts and garlic to the mortar with the lemon juice, a few tablespoons of oil and half the pecorino. Stir together and season well with salt and a little pepper.
- Peel the potatoes, discarding the peel, then continue stripping the potato with the peeler until you have a pile of thin potato strips.
- Add some salt to the boiling water and add the tagliatelle, the trimmed beans and the potato strips. Cook for 2–3 minutes until the beans are cooked but still have a slight bite, the pasta is al dente and the potatoes are cooked through. Drain in a colander, reserving a little of the cooking water.
- Toss the cooked pasta and vegetables in a bowl with the pesto. Taste and season again, if necessary. Add a little of the reserved pasta cooking water to moisten the sauce if it’s a little thick and claggy. Serve sprinkled with the remaining pecorino and extra basil.