We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
I need another cup of coffee. I need a vacation. I need something interesting to write about today. All I’ve got are cucumber cocktails. Happy hour, anyone?
Come on over. I have chilled cocktails in the fridge and an overgrown-yet-very-green backyard with two patio chairs. Sitting out there sounds much more appealing than tending to my inbox or addressing the technical difficulties that never.stop.coming.
Maybe I can entice you with a description of this cold cucumber cocktail. I know I can’t resist a cucumber drink on restaurant menus. Cucumber cocktails are the epitome of refreshing: light, summery and hydrating.
It’s no wonder restaurants call these gin and lime numbers by other names, though. “Gimlet” sounds like “piglet” and, as such, doesn’t sound nearly sexy enough to describe this drink. Gimlets are composed of gin, lime juice and a touch of sweetener. Something magical happens when these basic ingredients are shaken with ice and strained into a martini glass.
I muddled cucumber and mint into my gimlet to make it extra enticing. The key to making this drink spectacular is to use good gin (preferably Hendrick’s, which has cucumber notes) and a good cucumber (peel it first in case the skin is bitter). Gin haters, you can substitute vodka, but gin is really lovely here. So, happy hour?
Cucumber Mint Gimlet
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Cocktail
Learn how to make a refreshing cucumber and mint gimlet. This naturally sweetened cucumber cocktail is perfect for warm days.
- 2-inch slice of peeled cucumber, halved and then quartered
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoons light agave nectar or simple syrup
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 ½ ounces gin, preferably Hendrick’s
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the cucumber, mint and agave nectar until the cucumber offers no more resistance.
- Fill the shaker with ice, then pour in the lime juice and gin. Put the lid on your shaker and shake until the cocktail is thoroughly chilled, about 20 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a martini glass. Garnish with a tiny sprig of mint, if you’d like.
▸ Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.